friends & followers,
bulbArts is bringing back our wildly popular
cell phone photography challenge!
this will be our second cell phone based photo challenge
and we plan to make this a yearly tradition!
all photographs taken with a cell phone are eligible.
you can use any phone with any camera or editing app that you'd like.
you can even use the photo editing software on your computer,
as long as you take the image with the camera on your phone.
anyone can enter!
students, professionals, artists, doctors, bankers, literally, anyone!
as usual, to help keep the judging fair,
we have two categories for submissions:
the "student/amateur" category
and the "professional/experienced" category.
the exhibition with combine both,
but the juror will judge each category separately.
i can't tell you how exciting this is!
we are lucky enough to have a fantastic special guest juror lined up for this challenge...
glyn evans, the founder and editor of iphoneography.com
has agreed to serve as juror and choose the winners of the competition!!!
iphoneography is an amazing blog that glyn began
to connect the iphone photographers of the world.
they test out apps, provide reviews & links and show iphone imagery.
the blog is just a great source for all things related to iphoneography!
be sure to sure thank him by following him on twitter & visiting his blog.
all winners chosen by glyn will be given
their very own feature on the bulbArts blog.
winners can show whatever photographic work they'd like to share.
the first place winner of the amateur category
will also win a glif, a tripod mount & stand for the iphone 4/4s!
don't worry, if our winner doesn't have an iphone,
we will have another prize to offer.
dig into your camera roll and find your best images
or pull that phone out and start shooting again!
submit images to this fun challenge
so glyn has plenty of amazing cell phone photographs to choose from!
* each person my submit up to three (3) photographs
* images must be taken with a cell phone - cell phone brand doesn't matter
* files should be resized to a resolution of 72 and 10 inches on the longest side
* save your files as jpegs and label them with your first and last name and number from 1 to 3
- example: my third image submission would be titled, SarahBaron3.jpeg
* email all images in one message to email@example.com
* please put "cell challenge" in the subject line
* in your email, include your name and the category that your work should be judged in
- choose either "student/amateur" or "professional/experienced"
the deadline for submissions is august 31, 2012!
once submissions are received, the exhibition will be curated and posted.
the juror will then make the decision and winners will be announced in a separate post.